Grow More, Waste Less exists to empower people to affect positive food system change. Cat Buxton is an effective and enthusiastic presenter, community organizer, project manager, and an advocate for regenerative food systems and a healthy environment. She offers coaching and consulting about composting, gardening, building soil, landscape planning, farm-to-school, and working toward zero waste. Among her clients are schools, community groups, advocacy groups, individuals and families.
Gardening and Compost Consulting
- Assessment, design, project startup support.
- Site visits, one time or ongoing coaching.
- Group presentations. Classes. Workshops.
Garden and Landscape
Maximize your green spaces by growing more food and flowers.
- Simple container gardens to full-scale lawn conversions.
- Theme gardens of all kinds, for learning, for bees and butterflies, or for fun!
- Edible landscapes, annual and perennial vegetables, flowers, and fruit.
- Control pests using organic gardening practices and regenerative soil management.
- Family gardening. Cat would love to coach your family in best practices for food production and land management.
Compost and Zero Waste
- Compost Doctor: – House calls locally. Make an appointment for a site visit or phone consultation.
- Compost systems design: worms to windrows and everything in between.
- Compost instruction and support: food scraps, organic matter, yard waste, and humanure.
- Making compost tea and natural fertilizers.
- Improve your recycling systems: Simple waste assessments for homes, neighborhoods, workplaces, and schools.
- Farm-to-school and farm-based education support for classroom and cafeteria connections.
- Technical expertise, systems design and recipe development for on-site school composting.
- Edible school yards, thematic school garden design, production gardens.
- Outdoor and project-based-education curriculum support.
- Educator/presenter for youth and adults.
- Indoor or outdoor classes: Topics include: Natural insect and weed management, building soil and the soil food web, cover cropping and green manures, crop rotations, companion planting, attracting beneficial insects, community and backyard composting, soil carbon, nutrient cycling, climate change and agriculture...
- For a sample of ready presentations, visit Cat's Gallery. Custom presentations are available.
Community Project Organizer
- Project coordinator: From building stakeholder and community support to executing the minute details Cat can keep your project moving forward.
Food Systems Advocacy
- Food politics concerning: food, water, soil, and ecosystems.
- Grassroots outreach and community organizing.
- Speaker or presenter for your event, conference, or activist training.
- Organize social media campaigns.